Pregnancy Yoga Exercise
Today here we are talking about Pregnancy Yoga Exercise, but at the start we need know about the pregnancy. Pregnancy is one of the most beautiful stages of a women’s life when she bears her offspring. This is something only women can do. But the stage of pregnancy can also be very troublesome for some women. Few common problems are lower back pain, morning sickness, high blood pressure and even asthma. Practicing certain yoga exercise during pregnancy can be of a great help during pregnancy and can ease out many troubles which one can face.
Pregnancy Yoga Exercise is an ancient form of exercise that contributed to the holistic living in most natural way. Yoga is a spiritual route that relaxes mind and body. During pregnancy Women often battles with mood swings, fatigue, leg cramps or swelling, breathing problems and sickness, Yoga helps ease such conditions and ensure peaceful mind and body. Yoga also controls weight gains during pregnancy, which often Women are worried about. Here are some Yoga exercises appropriate for pregnant women who ensure healthy and peaceful mind and body followed by a smooth and easy labor delivery.
Pregnancy yoga exercise and asana should:
- Help the Blood circulation and keep the heart pumping
- Manage weight gain
- Prepare muscles for the work of labor and birth
- Relieves from stress both mental and physical
Here are some Guidelines for Healthy and appropriate posture while sitting on the floor, Chair and firm sitting position during Pregnancy.
Sitting on the Floor
Here are the three sitting positions that will avoid Backache, discomfort and lower back strain.
To keep the spine straight in floor seated position, sit with the entire back i.e. from your shoulders to tailbone resting against a wall for support. You can also sit on a firm cushion to help keep the spine straight. This sitting position helps a lot for pregnant women in avoiding Lower back strains.
Sitting in the chair
Sit as you usually sit except for keep your spine straight and keep a cushion under your feet.
Firm sitting position
Here is some yoga sitting postures which provides great help to prepare you for Pregnancy.
Yoga Sitting Posture – Sukhasana or Easy Pose
Sukhasana also called easy pose, it is a relaxation pose that is mainly intended for meditative purposes. Like the name suggests, this pose is fairly easy to practice as also to master.
- Lay down on Yoga mat or flat soft surface.
- Fold your legs and sit in the crossed-leg position.
- Lift your spine straight and support your knees by resting on a soft cushion on bot the sides.
- Tilt your pelvis towards the floor while straightening your spine.
- Keep your hands on the knees.
- Relax your jaws, Shoulders and thighs.
- Keep your eyes close and deep breathe inside and out.
- Sit in this position for not more than 10 minutes; keep changing your position at regular intervals.
Yoga Sitting Posture – Siddhasana
Siddhasana also known as “Perfect Pose” because one attains perfection in Yoga by meditating in this position. Siddhasana helps to tone and strengthen abdominal and pelvic floor muscles. During pregnancy, strong pelvic floor muscles can help prevent prolapsed organs in the pelvic and abdominal cavities, while strong abdominal muscles help support the spine.
- Sit down on the floor with your legs crossed each other.
- Bring your Right feet and heel near your perineum and left feet under it.
- See the position in the picture, Erect your Spine, neck and head.
- Place your hands on your knees.
- Breathe slowly and naturally with your eyes close.
- You can sit in the same position for 10 minutes then interchange the feet position at intervals.
These yoga sitting postures provides following benefits:
- Relaxes your heart beat and lowers the blood pressure
- Opening your hips
- Lengthening your spine
- Ensuring a vertical position of your pelvis
- Stretching your abductor muscles
Here are some Pregnancy Yoga Exercises that strengthens your muscles, opens up the joints and eases the child birth.
Bhadrasana to ease Chidbirth
Bhadrasana which is also called Auspicious is a meditation pose that stretches your groin area and helps open your hips. This yoga exercise also eases childbirth and help prostate and urinary tract health.
- Sit on a mat in an upright position
- Stretch out your legs in front close together
- Bend your leg and bring the feet towards the body, keep the knees pointed outwards.
- Achieve this position with both the feet and see the picture for reference.
- Join the soles of both the feet; try touching each other, face to face.
- Widen your thighs and gently bend the knees downwards.
- Keep your posture straight and remain in this position for 15-30 seconds and breathe normally.
- Stretch out the Legs and front and relax
Few major benefits of Bhadarasana:
- Increases flexibility of the lower limbs.
- The pelvis and groin muscles are strengthened.
- Increases concentration and quietness the mind.
- Tones up inner thigh muscles
Utkatasana during Pregnancy
Utkatasana is also called as Chair pose which is similar to you sitting on a chair, except that you have to balance yourself without a chair. In early pregnancy Utkatasana yoga is excellent for strengthening the legs which helps you to prepare for the extra weight you are about to carry. It may also help women suffering from menstrual cramping.
- Stand straight with both feet joining each other.
- Raise your arms perpendicular to the floor.
- Bend your knees and position yourself as if you are sitting on a chair.
- Keep your shoulders firm and erect. Look at the picture for reference.
- Stay in the position for 30 seconds and release your Breathe slowly.
Few major benefits of Utkatasana:
- Utkatasana pose helps to stimulate the diaphragm and the heart
- Helps increasing overall body strength
- Relieves menstrual cramping
- Adds a great help in fighting arthritis, joint pains and knee problems
Benefits of Yoga in Pregnancy
- Pregnancy Yoga Exercise develops correct breathing habits which releases stress and prevents hyper tension.
- Yoga Exercise for Pregnancy makes your body flexible and helps in smooth labor and birth.
- Yoga Exercise also stretches your internal muscles, making them more flexible.
- Yoga Exercise provides a state of deep relaxation.
- Pregnancy Exercise also prevents weight gain that is usual during pregnancy.
- Pregnancy Yoga Exercise releases happy hormones known as Endorphins, which keeps mood swings away.
These are simple Pregnancy Yoga Exercises that can be done throughout Pregnancy starting from First three months to nine months. Remember your comfort is utmost necessary for these Pregnancy Yoga Exercises. But it is advisable to consult your Gynecologist before proceeding with these Pregnancy Yoga Exercises.
You Might Be Interested in: Extreme Weight Loss